Your funds are safe with TravelAdvocates
The following is a summary of why you can trust TravelAdvocates and its personal travel manager network with your hard earned money:
- TravelAdvocates is a wholly-owned division of House of Travel one of the top 5 travel agent businesses operating throughout Australasia.
- TravelAdvocates operates a separate bank account for its day to day operational expenses with client trust funds and operational funds managed independently of each other.
- Bonded with TAANZ for your protection. If you don’t see the TAANZ sign you are not covered. All TAANZ members subscribe to consumer protection arrangements. These arrangements are unique to TAANZ members. Travel agents who are not TAANZ members and the customers of these travel agents cannot participate in these protection. TAANZ has been operating a Bonding Scheme since 1966. In that time it has paid out over one million dollars in claims. To date no customer has been left out of pocket as a consequence of a TAANZ members business failing. The fund is available for claims up to NZD$250,000 in the case of any one TAANZ member failing.
- People – TAANZ agents are trained destination and product experts. They work in a NZ owned and operated companies. Their accreditation means they are the best in the business and maintain standards just like other industries are expected to. They have access to an immense range of product that customers by themselves will not and will create for you a quality travel experience that suits YOUR needs, budgets and preferences. For your peace of mind TAANZ members are bonded and must meet financial standards that non TAANZ member do not.
- Choice – TAANZ agents work for you and will make unbiased recommendations. They do not work for any one airline, cruise line, hotel chain or car rental company, but partner them all. They can aggregate a world of choices at their fingertips and let you make the choice that best fits your needs and budget.
There are so many different things to consider when planning travel. The internet will help you with information and offer you DIY tools but a travel agent will make sure you don’t make a purchase online that you may regret later. A travel agent provides you one point of contact and reference for your travel planning and will usually do so for a very small cost. If you need to change or add to your plans a travel agent can co-ordinate all of the air, hotel, car rental and tours for you. You can do all your shopping in the one place adding your travel insurance, foreign exchange and preferences along the way. It really is all about you and what you need. Before you go, your TAANZ travel agent will help you with any visas or destination information and your travel documents will be quality checked and all care taken to make sure your travel is incident free.
Here’s why your money’s in safe hands
The following is a summary of why you can trust TravelManagers and its Australia-wide personal travel manager network with your hard earned money:
- TravelManagers is a wholly-owned division of House of Travel one of the top 5 travel agent businesses operating throughout Australasia. House of Travel has been operating since 1986 and has an annual turnover in excess of $1.2 billion.
- All client receipts are directly deposited into an Australian audited client trust account with ANZ Banking Corporation and are held in trust until payment is made directly to each travel service provider.
- TravelManagers operates a separate bank account for its day to day operational expenses with client trust funds and operational funds managed independently of each other.
- The Directors of TravelManagers Australia engage CIB Accountants, an accredited chartered accounting firm, to independently audit and review TravelManagers Client Trust account. The Directors of TravelManagers Australia make available copies of these ‘Independent Audit Reports’ to you for total peace of mind. You can view them here. This together with our TACTAFI insurance (refer below for details of the coverage this) provides you with total comfort that your funds are secure in trust until payment is made to the relevant travel supplier.
- TravelManagers is accredited by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) to directly issue tickets on behalf of all major airlines. In granting such accreditation IATA requires audited financial oversight and applies a strict financial criteria which is reviewed annually.
- As part of our guarantee in providing you with comprehensive financial surety TravelManagers has a Trust Account Fidelity Risk insurance (TACTAFI) policy via Gow Gates, established in 1963 and one of Australia’s largest wholly owned insurance brokerages, which is underwritten by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company (who are AA- rated). This insurance protects your funds in the unlikely event that they are missing from, or not paid into the Insured Trust Account as a result of fraudulent or dishonest activity. If you wish to check that this insurance policy has been put in place as claimed please contact Gow-Gates Insurance Brokers Pty Limited, on 02 8267 9919. Protection is provided by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company, and is subject to the terms and conditions of the policy. Each claim will be determined by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company on a case by case basis and, in some circumstances, insurance may not be available or declined. A copy of the policy is available on request.
In addition to the above TravelManagers is authorised to arrange travel insurance with a range of benefits including protection for clients against the insolvency of travel service providers such as scheduled airlines, accommodation providers, motor vehicle rental, bus lines, shipping lines or railway companies. Before making a decision on travel insurance please consider the PDS, which is available from your Personal Travel Manager. Book with TravelManagers for peace of mind and a level of service only your very own personal travel managers can provide!